The original Northeast craft beer bar and still the best. Grumpy’s NE offers plenty of local beers on tap along with a great selection of craft beer from across the US and the world. You’ll find hard-to-find taps and great new beers you’ve never tried before.
What can you find at Grumpy’s? You’ll always find several Surly taps including Furious and others along with plenty of Surly cans including Coffee Bender, CynicAle, Bender, and more. Northeast Minneapolis neighborhood breweries like Indeed Brewing, NorthGate, and 612Brew fresh on tap. Local Minnesota beers from Fulton, Schell’s, Summit, Bad Weather, and others. Regional favorites like Bell’s Two Hearted and Founder’s are always on tap along with seasonal beers. Expect a couple imported goodies from breweries you may never have heard of. Grumpy’s NE most likely has the largest craft cans selection in Minnesota. Cans from Surly, Bent Paddle, Schell’s, 21st Amendment, Brooklyn Brewery, Tallgrass, Oskar Blues, and more.
- Monday – 1/2 priced #MNBeer from 5-9pm. Beers from breweries like Surly Brewing, NorthGate Brewing, Indeed Brewing, Schell’s Brewery, Fulton Brewery, and more.
- Tuesday – Hot dish! Get it for just $1 a bowl from 5pm until it’s all gone.
- Wednesday – Trailer Park Trivia at 8pm which includes $2 PBR tallboys.
- Thursday – 2 domestic bottles for $3 during happy hour (2pm – 6pm). It may not be craft beer but it’s a pretty sweet special.
- Friday – Cask Friday. Each week Grumpy’s NE taps a cask of beer at 4pm. They also cook up some amazing food on the grill and feed you for free!
- Saturday – Stones Throw Saturdays mean pints from nearby breweries for just $3 from 11am – 6pm. This includes Surly Brewing, NorthGate, Indeed, Bad Weather Brewing, and Fulton Brewery.
- Sunday – $2 tallboys all day. This doesn’t include craft tallboys (of which they have at close to 20 to pick from) but they have at least 15 to choose from including Grain Belt Premium, Grain Belt NordEast, Hauenstein, and others. T-Bone Bingo at 7pm. Win free t-bone steaks, free drink tickets, and more.
- Monday – Friday: 2pm – 2am
- Saturday – Sunday: 11am – 2am
Find out more about Grumpy’s NE on their website here.